Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Christmas Traditions here in central Indiana
1. Lighting of the Worlds Largest Christmas Tree - 11/27/09
Soldiers and Sailors Monument - downtown Indy at the circle
The 44th year of the Electrical Workers of IBW 481 stringing 4784 lights on the monument.
Festivities begin at 6pm with the flip of the switch at 7:45pm
2. Yuletide Celebration - Hilbert Theatre on downtown circle - multiple dates
24th annual Broadway style holiday presentation sponsored by Duke Energy.
This year hosted by Maureen McGovern with puppets, tap dancing Santas and more.
3. Reynolds Farm Equipment Light Display - 126th & SR 37 in Noblesvill
17th year of their rural Christmas light display will charm all ages!!! Starts 11/24/09
4. Purdue Christmas Show - West Lafayette, IN - multiple dates
75th year for this world reknowned performance which includes the glee club, bell choir, choral groups and childrens choir.
5. Ayres Tea Room - State Museum downtown Indy
Tea with Mrs Clause on 11/26, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20/09
Santa Breakfast on 12/5, 12/13, 12/19 and 12/26/09
6. Jolly Days Winter Wonderland - Childrens Museum - 3000 N Meridian, Indy
Santa comes down the Yule slide on 11/27 and stays through 1/10/2010
7. Christmas at the Zoo - 1200 W Washington - Indy
12/4 - 12/30/09 from 5-9pm
See the zoo lit by LED displays. Enjoy the animals who enjoy the cooler weather.
Decorate cookies, ride the Christmas train and visit with Santa