Try painting your front door in a bright hue that will help it stand out from the competition. Upgrade your door handle and perhaps add one of those elegant door knockers. Make sure side lights are clean. Upgrade your front porch light and flank the front door with colorful plant containers.
2. Post lights on deck railings can add character and more usable and safer at night! Putting them on a dimmer switch would give even more flexibility to every occasion. Possibly running those string lights under the top board of deck railing for ambiance.
3. Make your porch a livable space. Add homey touches such as a ceiling fan, comfy furniture with pillows and blankets, paint the floor, speakers for music, pictures, lights.
4. Hang a mirror on a wall or fence that will give the illusion of a window into another yard or room
5. Long lengths of silk draped over a clothesline can create a canopy feel to patio or deck - and provide color or shade!
6. Elegant netting hung around a bench or daybed creates romance, privacy and bug free area!
Get more inspiration and ideas at: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/exterior
Post a Comment