Grand Park: The Vision
Grand Park in Westfield, Indiana, is a planned 350-acre development, sure to become a family sports destination like no other. This thoughtfully-designed sports campus will feature a full-range of championship-level outdoor facilities for baseball, softball and field sports including soccer, football, rugby, field hockey and lacrosse; a multi-purpose indoor facility; common areas and green space. The fields will be surrounded by dining, retail and entertainment venues, all geared toward supporting and enhancing the family sports atmosphere and experience. More than 500,000 sports visitors are expected to participate in or attend events at the facility annually. Building on the state of Indiana’s long and storied sports tradition, Grand Park will be a premier location for athletes, visitors and the local community alike.
The Hoosier Edge
Sport is an essential part of the state of Indiana, and the spirit of its people. Here, there are places that have captured the imagination of an entire nation. Places that range from the tiny town of Milan to the sprawling grounds of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Our name is inextricably linked with some of the greatest names in sports history, among them, Bird, Unser, Wooden, Rockne, Miller and Manning.
Best of all, sports of every stripe and color are alive and well throughout Indiana today. The state welcomes hundreds of thousands of visitors annually to the largest sporting event in the world, the Indy 500. It has hosted more than 400 Collegiate and Olympic National and International Championships. It is home to the NCAA, USA Gymnastics, USA Track & Field, USA Diving, and dozens more governing bodies. Indiana is a place where the pure fun, camaraderie and excitement of sports competition for the entire family…is right at home.
This strong and vibrant sports culture is something that the City of Westfield will build upon and enhance with the development of Grand Park, bringing yet another dimension of sports competition to a state that celebrates and embraces sport in a way few other places ever could.
Timeline to Completion
Construction Plans out for bid: Mid/Late Summer of 2011
Construction Start: Fall of 2011
Play: Early Spring of 2014
Facts & Figures
- Of the more than 500,000 sports visitors expected to participate in or attend events at the facility annually, approximately 50,000 will travel from out of the area resulting in an additional $18 million in visitor spending each year.
- Grand Park will serve the sporting needs of over 4,000 Westfield youths, as well as thousands of additional visiting tournament players and regional recreation participants each year.
- The 350-acre sports park will spur the development of 1,400 adjacent acres of commercial business, increasing its assessed value to $2 billion and lowering tax dollars for Westfield residents.
- When completed, the facility – which will include 58 grass and turf playing fields and diamonds – will rank first in the Midwest and among the top 10 national destinations of its kind.
- ***This information was taken from the www.grand-park.org website in order to promote the great things happening in our area!***
Post a Comment