I feel somehow un-American or un-Hoosier by not posting on the Super Bowl this week. BUT - I have placed a link to www.indianapolissuperbowl.com right here.
I am not a sports fan - but I am TOTALLY excited about the Super Bowl events and what it brings to not only Indianapolis - but our entire state!
I love my hometown and can't wait to share it with the world.
BUT - since I have posted several times on the Super Bowl, and because we have offices throughout the state, I wanted to share an interesting list I came across. Many of us make New Years Resolutions in order to improve ourselves throughout the upcoming year. By now, many of us have given up on most if not all. This following list is a very do-able list of Resolutions that have to do with housing.
Cue David Lettermen......Top Ten New Year's Resolutions for Your Home
10. Be less stressed - in other words, use more maintenance free materials when you are improving or remodeling.
9. Get fit - dive into those remodeling projects yourself. Tote that barge, haul that bale....
8. Spend more time with family - include the whole family in an improvement project. That not only helps fufill this resolution, but also #9
7. Drink less - turn the water off while brushing your teeth, take shorter showers, cut back on lawn watering
6. Volunteer - support your community projects. When your community improves - it increases the value of your own home
5. Get organized - clean out those closets, donate, have a garage sale, remove clutter (less to dust!)
4. Learn something new - take a class on home finance or a DIY home project
3. Get out of debt - learn how to budget for your home and improvements
2. Quit smoking - change your filter furnaces, install an air purifier
1. Lose weight - cut back on energy usage. Turn off lights if you're not in the room, turn off computers, unplug items you're not using, get more efficient light bulbs, make sure your windows and doors are caulked.