Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Special Military Assistance

If you are being reassigned and find yourself upside on your mortage - you might qualify for assistance. See the info below - this is a temporary assistance program. You can go to the Department of Defense website, search for HAP and find the applications and more details.

Members of the Armed Forces permanently reassigned during the mortgage crisis
Military Personnel Only
1. Permanent reassignment requires move of more than 50 miles.
2. Reassignment ordered between 1 February 2006 and 31 December 2009.
3. Property purchased (or contract to purchase signed) before 1 July 2006.
4. Property sold by owner between 1 July 2006 and 1 May 2010.
5. Property was the primary residence of the owner
6. Owner has not previously received these benefit payments.
7. If you are a member of the Armed Forces who is PCSing or has PCSed, download the application packet and complete the application. Carefully read all instructions, and mail your completed application to the USACE district responsible for the area in which your home is. Once DoD implementing guidance is received the district will contact you concerning your eligibility and benefits.

....compiled from Military website

No comments:

Post a Comment